Fiberglass- New Windows in Pittsburgh
At Window Installation Specialists, we strive to offer our clients a wide variety of options to ensure their needs are met. We strive to diversify our materials, brands, styles, and pricing, to ensure we help you reach your window goals. Many clients have requested fiberglass windows for their new windows in Pittsburgh for the many benefits they offer. Fiberglass windows are designed for improved performance and added beauty.
Why Choose Fiberglass
Fiberglass replacement windows are made of composites that combine two or more materials to produce a stronger, longer lasting, and more energy-efficient frame. Recent engineering and manufacturing enhancements turn out windows that meet the demands of home and business owners, as well as the construction industry. These demands include:
- The Thinness of the Frame – One of the challenges in window-making is to use only as much frame as is necessary to stabilize the window, leaving as much available space as possible for glass. This is something composite materials do very well. These stiff and strong materials provide the necessary support in a thinner frame, opening up the window to support an increased view of the outdoors and let in more light.
- A Stronger Frame – Other engineering enhancements include strengthening the frame, so it does not sag due to weight or shift due to a change in temperature.
This strength is especially important in commercial applications from multi-unit housing to tall windows in multi-storied buildings.
- No Reaction to Water – Fiberglass windows and doors don’t react to water by swelling or shrinking. This means you don’t have to worry about windows that are subject to rot, mold, or corrosion.
- Energy Efficiency – Fiberglass windows are strong enough to support three or four panes of glass instead of one or two. This increases energy efficiency as the air that’s trapped between the panes acts as additional layers of insulation.
Our Brands of Composite Windows
The different fiberglass window manufacturers we work with provide a number of innovations in fiberglass windows:
- Marvin uses patented fiberglass it calls Ultrex for windows and doors that stand up to the elements. This tough composite material doesn’t peel, crack, chip, or fade.
- Pella’s Impervia line boasts durability and energy efficiency with Duracast. This material can handle temperature extremes of heat and cold.
- Andersen has composite windows made of its trademarked Fibrex, which consists of wood fiber and thermoplastic polymer. This results in windows that are sturdy and strong, and block the transfer of heat.
To find out how fiberglass windows perform, call our window installation specialists and speak with Melissa. She can provide you with information and arrange a time for a free, on-site estimate. We also offer aluminum storm windows to protect your existing windows.
Whether you desire a Marvin window installation or a Pella window installation, our company is dedicated to offering superior products and services. If you are interested in learning more about our fiberglass products and services or you would like help choosing what material is best for you, contact us today at (724) 446-0275 to schedule a consultation. Our specialists would be happy to offer you a free quote for your needs. We proudly serve customers in the Greater Pittsburgh area of southwestern Pennsylvania.